Michigan CAT was founded as Michigan Tractor and Machinery Co. in 1944 by Jerrold A. Frost Sr. “Jack” Frost served as Chief Executive Officer until 1971 when his son-in-law, Mark Jung, was elected President. His son, Jerrold M. Jung, was elected president on July 18, 1988 and held this post until January 31, 2011 upon sale to MacAllister Machinery Co. Inc.
MacAllister Machinery is the primary dealer of Caterpillar equipment in Indiana. The combined resources and best practices of both organizations will equate to improved customer service for industries in both states.
The company was initially located in Detroit, Michigan and in 1965, was moved to Novi. In addition to Novi, Michigan CAT has sales and service stores in Brownstown Township, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Kalkaska, Lansing, Saginaw, and Shelby Township.
In 1978, the Michigan CAT Power Systems Division, which specializes in the service and sales of diesel and natural gas engines and generator sets manufactured by Caterpillar, Inc., moved into their own building. The Power Systems Division also supports a network of truck dealers who sell and service Caterpillar powered trucks.
Since 1944 Michigan CAT has been servicing, renting and selling construction equipment such as scrapers, agricultural equipment, graders, dozers, excavators, backhoes, and paving machinery as well as engines used to power trucks and generators. We also handle an extensive line of compact construction equipment (CCE) including skid steer loaders, mini excavators, and small wheel loaders as well as aggregate processing equipment and rents electric-combustion-powered aerial lifts, scissor, and telescopic articulating work platforms.