CAT® EQUIPMENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES: LEVEL 2 ADVISE
There is no substitute for experience. Being able to rely on a wealth of experience can save you time and money when you’re making changes to how you operate, schedule and maintain your fleet. Cat construction and heavy equipment is designed for the best performance, versatility and safety on the market, so it only makes sense that you want to optimize your usage for the best return on your investment.
In the past, knowing where you could get reliable information on optimizing your fleet was difficult. Caterpillar® has revolutionized the field with its powerful EM Services, part of the Cat Connect network. EM Services: Level 2 ADVISE gives you direct access to expert advice on equipment scheduling, maintenance, efficiency, productivity and more. Combined with the support of your Michigan CAT condition monitoring advisor, there is no better source of proven advice that will help you run your business better.
Level 2: ADVISE — Question the Status Quo
We all get used to working a certain way. Call it habit, call it comfort — it is often easier to schedule equipment usage, service and maintenance as you always have. The ADVISE level of the EM System helps break those routines and find smarter ways to work:
- Your fleet may be idling more than you think, burning precious fuel. Level 2: ADVISE can help you recognize these periods and make suggestions to optimize machine usage to minimize fuel burn.
- Scheduling all your equipment to be delivered for the start of a job may tie up machines that are only needed at a later date or that could be used elsewhere until a certain task comes up.
- Pushing maintenance out may actually slow you down, as opposed to scheduling maintenance during machine downtime so it is ready to use when your job calls for a specific type of equipment.
These are just a few examples of improvements you can make to improve your business and ultimately save money.
Critical Guidance Through Level 2: ADVISE
Level 2: ADVISE doesn’t just help you with scheduling. It also gives you expert advice on how your fleet is performing and the condition of many machine systems. You can trust ADVISE and your condition monitoring advisor to keep you updated on:
- Condition Monitoring: Real-time process data is uploaded through Product Link™ to EM Services so our advisors can collect, store and analyze your equipment and site information and make suggestions to improve your scheduling, maintenance and operator training.
- Equipment Inspections: Your equipment inspection data allows us to track the condition of your fleet and make recommendations to streamline service and maintenance to increase the reliability, efficiency and longevity of all your machines.
- S•O•S Fluid Analysis: Cat Scheduled Oil Sampling Services allows us to precisely monitor the condition of your oil, coolant and fuel and track any wear or degradation over time. With optimized maintenance and fluid changes, you can extend the life of your equipment and avoid costly downtime.
- Maintenance: Within Cat guidelines for service intervals, there is room to optimize depending on the real-time health and condition of your fleet. Together, we can use Level 2: ADVISE to create a custom maintenance schedule that matches the size and usage of your fleet that decreases your long-term operating costs.
Take advantage of the wealth of advice available to you through Cat Connect EM Services and our team here at Michigan CAT. Register your account today and get to know the other levels of EM Services to get the most out of your valuable fleet of Cat machines.