For more than 90 years, Caterpillar® has been producing products and equipment that set the standard for durability, reliability and strength. Every part and component is carefully designed to fit the specific equipment and deliver optimal performance over a long service life. This commitment to quality and innovation extends to even the most basic parts, such as filters.
Using Cat filters when servicing and maintaining your equipment will help protect critical components from contaminants, lowers long-term operating costs and boost efficiency. Watch the following video to see the many qualities and features a Cat filter offers that you won’t find with products made by the competition.
Hi, my name is Colin and I’m here today to tell you why Cat filters are better for you.
Cat filters are better because there’s no flexing, no bunching, no metal contamination, and no gaps.
No flexing: Spiral roving eliminates pleat movement and keeps contaminants from working their way into the clean side of the filter. Testing shows filters with spiral roving have 45% lower particle counts than others. Other brands often flex as fluid travels through them, releasing contaminants that can cause wear.
- No Bunching: Acrylic beads rigidly maintain pleat spacing and maximize the filter’s surface area — capturing and holding contaminants until the required change interval. Pleat bunching is common in other brands, allowing contaminants to circulate, causing clogging and shortened filter life.
- No Metal Contamination: Fiberglass-reinforced nylon center tubes eliminate metal contamination and are 30% stronger than metal tubes, helping prevent collapse during pressure spikes and cold starts. In other brands, metal center tubes often carry metal contaminants left over from manufacturing, which can cause wear.
- No Gaps: Molded end caps completely seal the clean side from the dirty side, eliminating gaps and keeping contaminants where they belong. Other brands have metal end caps glued on top of filter pleats — creating gaps that allow contaminants to reenter from the clean side.
Other brands may fit, but Cat filters protect your engine, drive train, hydraulic system and components better.
Our advanced design delivers maximum filtration efficiency and protection for your machine. For you, that means more uptime and lower owning and operating costs.
So remember, protect your Cat equipment with Cat filters.
That was today’s Quick Tip, thanks for watching.
Advantages of Investing in Genuine Cat Filters
As demonstrated in the above video, not all filters are created equally. Cat filters perform better than the competition in a variety of ways, offering superior filtration efficiency and a higher level of protection to engines, drive trains, hydraulics and related components. There’s no flexing, bunching or gaps that allow contaminants into the system to cause clogging and a shorter filter life. A fiberglass-reinforced nylon center tube eliminates contaminants caused by metal centers used in alternative products.
When you choose a Cat filter, you benefit from:
- Low particle counts and cleaner fluids
- Less clogging caused by circulating contaminants
- Better protection during pressure spikes and cold starts
- Molded end caps that keep dirt out and stop it from re-entering
Buying Cat Filters
Just because an aftermarket filter might fit your Cat equipment, that doesn’t mean it belongs there. Protect your valuable heavy equipment investment by ordering maintenance parts from your local Cat dealership. Michigan CAT serves a variety of businesses and industries across Michigan and beyond, providing the quality equipment, parts and services required to maximize productivity.
At Michigan CAT, we carry an extensive variety of filters available for sale online or at one of our conveniently located stores. Our experienced team will assist in analyzing your needs to find the product that represents the best fit. We’re always happy to answer your questions and provide ongoing customer service and technical support.
There’s peace of mind in knowing the best filters are protecting your Cat equipment. Contact us for more information and assistance placing your order today.